Thursday, September 22, 2005

New person

A new person will be entering the world at the end of October. This baby's mother has decided that the baby shall not have any plastic toys, I really don't know how she is going to pull that one off, but I do think it is very commendable. I have thought long and hard about what to give this baby, and I think I have come up with the perfect thing. The Baby Bobbi Bear, knitted with Blue Sky Alpacas organic Cotton. The yarn is organically grown and the color is a naturally occurring shade, free from bleach and dyes. It should be safe for a tiny little new person to suck on this yarn right? I really hope that baby's mother will agree.









Er...right now the bear looks more like an alien than a bear, but I hope that will change with some stuffing, a pair of arms and ears, and a face! The bear is also a lot bigger than I had expected, and I am really pleased I didn't knit the original Bobbi Bear, because it would be too big for new born.
It is a pretty quick knit, on 5,5 mm dpns, but the yarn....it is soft... and totally unforgiving of any of my knitting flaws. Everything shows with this yarn, I think that if I were to knit the bear again, I'd use a wool yarn instead.

Look what I got at Netto:

I took out this book from the library the minute I first found out about my friends pregnancy. I knitted a pair of tiny socks for baby, they turned out to be baby's first piece of hand knit (might as well start them early - in the womb isn't too soon!). Well, I fell in love with this book, it is pretty and cute, but not too pretty or too cute, if you know what mean. I could have jumped up and down from sheer joy when I found this book while buying milk, and with a good price too!

CC is sewn togther... still need to pick up stitches...

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hey lazy

Jeg mener jo, at ingen legetøj af plastik nærmer sig landsforrædderi (LEGO). Vi holder en mere in-between linie: gaverædsler og bras fra mcdonalds ryger ud inden for en måned (hov, det gik i stykker).
Bogen er rigtig nuser, har også lige købt den efter at have tilbageholdt den ½ år fra biblioteket :0)
Glæder mig til at se din choko-bluse! Dine handsker er bare flotte!
kh Linda

ps hvorfor hedder din kat banan?

Anonymous said...

Ja, det med trælegetøj er vist mest mødrenes æstetik, der stikerk snuden frem. ;o) Held og lykke med forehavendet...indtil barnet ligger i en rystende, hulkende bunke på gulvet over, ikke at må få Barbie eller Lego som legekammeraterne! (enig med Linda) *S*

Bobbi Bear er jeg HELT vild med, er stødt på den flere gange i blade osv...den er for nuttet!