Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Harry vs. Winne

Yesterday was bad.
I had the day planed out perfectly, first work, then do a social thing in the afternoon, and then home to knit all evening. But suddenly my plans were changed by the strongest of forces (the mother!), and to my horror I found myself caught at an all-afternoon-all-evening event at the sisters house without my knitting. It's not that I don't love spending time with the mother and the sister - later in the evening we were joined by both the father and the boy - but I HAD NO KNITTING! Hours and hours of small talk, and no knitting, it's just not right!
Earlier in the day I took a "sorting hat" test, that I came across while surfing to find something extremely work related, just for fun to see witch house at Hogwarts I'd get sorted in. Of course I'd be thrilled to be in Gryffindor, who wouldn't be? But I'd also be proud to be in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, and even Slytherin would have been ok with me. The test had about 1000 questions, that I tried to answer as truthfully as I could. I waited a few seconds while my answers where being computed, ooohh, there comes the result and I'm in..... oh crap, I'm a Squib!?!? Wow, that really is most disappointing to me. I was sure I would have been a pretty sharp wizard, but they'll never know now, will they? And I guess I won't have to knit any Weasley sweaters this winter or ever!
Naturally I had to get som vindication after this, so I stopped by Bagatell and took another test.
Look, it's my all-time literary hero. And apparently I'm loveable and kind, who could ask for more?


Take the 100 Acre Personality Quiz!
The fall Knitty is up, lovely stuff!
I finished the first sleeve of Chocolate Cover, and have just cast on for the second one, no pictures, just miles of stockinette. I can't wait to get started on the lacy collar.
Thanks to everybody who offered to help me with my German problem. Shortly after I blogged about the problem I managed to pull myself together and Google the words german english knitting vocabulary, and ended up with about 115.000 hits. This one uses the exact same symbols as Verena does, so it might turn out to be very handy if I decide to knit any of the models from the magazine.
Today is going to be a good day, and I'm not leaving the house without my knitting!

No comments: